Instructions for Online Platform
Online Platform for ITW 2022
ITW 2022 will be conducted in hybrid mode, with the online component being held on 1-2 November, and the in-person event on 6-9 November. The entire conference (both the fully online and the in-person parts) will be accessible virtually at https://itw2022live.in/ starting from 01 November 2022 @ 00:01 AM IST (UTC+5:30) when the platform goes LIVE. The login credentials for the online platform have been sent via email to the registered participants.
The virtual platform uses Zoom for all technical sessions and meetings. We encourage you to actively participate in all sessions and interact using audio, video and chat features of Zoom. For seamless participation please consider the following.
- Please access the platform via a laptop or desktop computer using a high-speed internet connection (we recommend Google Chrome for best experience). Handheld devices can be used, but they may not provide the same experience and convenience.
- Please ensure that you have the latest version of Zoom installed on your device, and that your mic, speakers, camera and screen-share features are functional on Zoom. You can go to https://zoom.us/test to test your audio and video connection. A facility to test the screen-share feature is available in the conference platform (please see “Audio/Video Testing Room” in “Navigating the Online Platform” below).
Please see “Navigating the Online Platform” and “Participating in Online Sessions” for detailed information. Information for speakers and session chairs is available at the end of this page.
Navigating the Online Platform
After logging into the platform, you will be led to your profile page where you can edit your personal details. You can then enter the “Lobby” area of the conference. All other pages and rooms of the platform are available as individual buttons at the bottom of the Lobby and also via the menu button in the top-left part of the Lobby.
Profile. Upon logging into the platform, you will be able to update your personal details.
Session Rooms. The technical sessions in the online part of the conference will be conducted on three parallel Zoom meeting rooms. These rooms are available as ‘Auditorium’, ‘Seminar Room’ and ‘Seminar Room 2’ on the virtual platform. The in-person part of ITW 2022 has two parallel tracks, which will be conducted live via ‘Auditorium’ and ‘Seminar Room’, respectively.
Breakout Rooms. There are three Zoom meeting rooms available in the “Networking Lounge” area of the platform, one for each parallel track. We encourage the speakers and interested audience to move to these breakout rooms to continue their discussions at the end of each session.
Audio/Video Testing Room. This is a dedicated Zoom meeting in the Networking Lounge area of the platform to help you test your setup. A conference volunteer will be available in this testing room 10 minutes prior to the start of every session to help you with testing if required.
Technical Program. Clicking on any session name opens a pop-up box with the details of the talks in that session. The individual pages of each talk/paper, or the “Paper Pages”, can be accessed via this pop-up box. Please note that you can configure “Technical Program” to use any timezone of your choice.
Conference Proceedings. This page allows access to individual Paper Pages. “Conference Proceedings” provides a search feature for browsing the Paper Pages. It also hosts the proceedings as a single downloadable zip file. The password for this zip file (along with the login credentials for the virtual platform) will be sent to the registered participants by email.
Paper Pages. The Paper Page of each paper hosts the abstract, manuscript (if any) in the pdf format, and the pre-recorded presentation video (if any). Please note that the live talks of regular papers in the fully virtual part of the conference are conducted in lightning format, i.e., each live talk is up to 4min long. The longer pre-recorded video presentations of these papers can be found in their respective Paper Pages. Some of the papers from the hybrid in-person component of the conference have these video recordings as well.
Networking Lounge. You can connect with the other online participants through the Networking Lounge area. The links to the breakout rooms and the audio/video testing room are available here.
Help Desk. Please use the chat feature in the Help Desk button to contact the technical support volunteers.
Participating in Online Sessions
All technical sessions are conducted as Zoom meetings. You will be able to use your mic, camera and screen-share features in all meetings.
- If you are logging into the meeting from a shared computer, please ensure that you are using your own username in the Zoom application.
- We urge all participants to join the sessions with their video feed turned ON, whenever possible, to make the interactions lively. Please make sure that you are logging in from a well-lit area with no noise in the background. Be mindful of the camera position and the background in your video feed. You may want to sit with a light source in front of you, and with no strong lights at the back.
- Be aware of your audio and video settings at all times. Please be on mute when you are not participating in a conversation.
- You can use the chat feature to post your questions in case you are unable to use the mic. The session chair or a volunteer will direct the speaker to your chat messages.
- Please be mindful of the session times during your interactions in the technical sessions. We encourage you to use the breakout rooms to continue the discussions outside the session duration.
For Speakers and Session Chairs
- If you are a speaker or a session chair, please enter the Zoom room of your session at least 5 minutes before the scheduled start of your session. We request the speakers to identify themselves to the session chairs and/or the session volunteer before the session starts.
- When sharing your screen during a presentation please consider “going fullscreen” for the benefit of the audience.
- If you want to log in using two devices simultaneously (say, a tablet and a laptop for making a presentation), please switch off the audio (mic and the speakers) in one of the devices to avoid audio feedback. Please switch off the audio before you enter the meeting using the second device.